I can't believe that it has almost been a year since I last posted to my blog. It's been a busy year, so I'm going to run this down in highlights. I will post pictures from some of the events later.
August 2009 -
Scott started his last semester of college and Alex started 4th grade. The AWANA year kicked off with Alex again in T and T and Isaac entering into the program in the Puggles class. We celebrated my nephew's 1st birthday, my in-laws anniversary, my sister-in-laws birthday, and the anniversary of Scott and I's first date!
September 2009 -
I went on the ladies retreat with church to the Lake of the Ozarks. We had a blast and got to relax and recharge. I celebrated my birthday with my family before I left, and again with the girls at the lake. While I was gone Scott took the kids to the balloon glow on Friday night. It is where they light up all the balloons that are going to fly the next day in the Great Forest Park Balloon Race.
October 2009 -
We celebrated my mom's birthday and Scott's birthday. We marched in the Halloween Parade with AWANA to promote our church.
November 2009 -
Enjoyed actually getting to see Scott for the week of Thanksgiving. We didn't get to spend much time together during the semester, because he was always doing one of three things: studying, going to class, or working. We celebrated Thanksgiving with our families and just enjoyed the time.
December 2009 -
We watched the kids Christmas program and were proud of how Alex did. We celebrated Christmas with our families, and Christmas Eve found me cooking for everyone! I enjoyed it though. We exchanged some gifts, but did not focus just on the presents. Scott and I tried to make sure that the kids understood what Christmas is all about. CHRIST. Everything else should be pointing to Him.
Scott and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary with a date night. He graduated from SIUE this month as well. He now has a Bachelor of Science - Civil Engineering! I am so proud of him. He worked so hard for this degree. Congratulations Honey!! I love you and am proud of you.
January 2010 -
Scott job hunted while he was laid off. We taught the K-2 class for Children's Church, and we just enjoyed getting to spend some time together finally.
February 2010-
Still job hunting and not much else happened this month.
March 2010 -
Alex turned 10! It is hard to believe how old she is getting. The AWANA Grand Prix was this month. Alex asked Grandpa Seehausen to make her car. She took 1st in her division for Speed! Congrats Alex. Scott made Isaac's car. He made a Puggle carved out of wood. It was amazing! Isaac won 1st place for Design! Way to go Scott.
And this is just a small part of what happened in these months! I can't remember what all we have done, just that we were really busy. I will try to post the next installment in the next day or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment